A med spa is a merge of a medical clinic and a day spa. It is a medical doctor who supervises the medical spa services here that include massages and body treatments to enhance your appearance. Here are the popular 10 medical spa services available in most med spas.
1. Chemical peels in Houston help reduce wrinkles, acne scars, blemishes and uneven skin pigmentation. The doctor uses a chemical solution to create a controlled wound that takes a few days to heal and produce regenerated skin.
2. Botox in Houston is a med spa treatment used for reducing crow’s feet and facial wrinkles. A botox injection weakens the muscles that cause facial expressions by blocking nerve impulses and thus relaxing and softening wrinkles. While results can be seen in four days’ time, it lasts for four to six months.
3. Houston laser hair removal removes unwanted hair by emitting a gentle beam of light to the desired area. This paralyzes the hair follicle while leaving surrounding skin unharmed.
4. Microdermabrasion in Houston is a facial peel done by administering aluminum oxide crystals on the skin surface under pressure. This sucks away dead skin cells and cleans pores to give clean and refreshed skin.
5. Collagen cosmetic fillers use a small needle to inject collagen directly to wrinkles, skin folds and creases. Collagen helps in plumping skin, smoothening wrinkles and in correcting blemishes.
6. Mesotherapy is a medical spa service that uses microinjections of conventional or homeopathic medicine to treat cellulite, fat deposits and wrinkles.
7. Houston laser skin resurfacing reduces fine lines, wrinkles, scars and skin discoloration with laser light. Different lasers are used to treat different problems; your doctor will decide on the best laser treatment for your problem.
8. Laser body sculpting is a body treatment used to treat fat bulges and tighten skin without much swelling and bleeding. This treatment is faster than liposuction and gives faster results.
9. Acupuncture is a traditional Chinese procedure that targets different organs by inserting fine needles at key body points. It is used to treat neurological, muscular and arthritic problems and to balance your body’s energy.
10. Light emitting diode (LED) photofacials give younger looking skin by boosting collagen and by killing acne causing bacteria. Intense pulsed light (IPL) photofacial is used for treating problems like broken capillaries, spider veins and facial redness.
With so many medical spa services available for body treatment and for enhancing one’s appearance, it is no wonder med spas have recently increased so much in popularity.
Leena Marcos is a freelance writer for Dr. Mark A. Schusterman's Houston Medical Spa.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment with the renowned plastic surgeon and breast & body specialist Dr. Mark Schusterman. Take your first steps to a more beautiful you.
3355 W Alabama Suite 450 , Houston, TX 77098