Acne laser treatment is today one of the most popular skin treatments Houston residents use that deal with their acne condition. It effectively treats all types of acne cases; however if you are thinking of undergoing laser treatment for your acne problem, do so after keeping these pointers in mind.
1. No matter what reviews you may have heard about acne laser treatment, you have to first consult your dermatologist to find out if it is the best acne treatment option for you. They will be able to advise you based on your acne condition and your skin type.
2. If your dermatologist suggests laser treatment, it’s better to learn as much as you can about it before doing so. The internet offers many articles for you to understand the process, risks, and side effects if any.
3. Acne laser treatment is rather expensive; so if you are still apprehensive about undergoing it, get a second opinion from another dermatologist. Remember you have to undergo a few sessions before you can experience any positive results from it. Perhaps DermaPlaning in Houston will also be an option for you.
4. Consequently, see if you can afford all these laser treatment sessions. You may have to spend about $2-2,500 per session, so it is only if you can afford all the sessions should you consider this acne treatment option. Missing one session affects the treatment’s effect.
5. Maybe if your dermatologist is accredited with your health card provider, you could ask them to cover your acne laser treatment costs. You will thus be able to complete the treatment without worrying about monetary matters.
6. If you know anyone who has already undergone acne laser treatment, find out their experiences and views about the treatment. You can also find out if they had suffered from any side effects because of it too.
7. As you shouldn’t miss a session, make sure you check your schedule to ensure you have sufficient time to not only attend the sessions but also to recover from the treatment. As your skin becomes very sensitive after the treatment, you will have to stay home and avoid makeup and the sun for a few days after each session.
8. As laser treatment for acne is painful to many, you should undergo it only if you have a high tolerance to pain. Otherwise, it’s better to consider other alternatives for treating your acne problem. It’s better to try them out first and using laser treatment as your last resort for treating acne.
Take these points into consideration, and then make the final decision if you really have to undergo acne laser treatment to treat your acne problem.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment with the renowned plastic surgeon and breast & body specialist Dr. Mark Schusterman. Take your first steps to a more beautiful you.
1200 Binz St Suite 1198, Houston, TX 77004