Breast augmentation has always been a popular cosmetic procedure for women in the US. In fact, it is today one of the top plastic procedures in US mainly because of these 5 reasons:
1. The surgery is rather routinely performed with a comparatively quick and easy recovery phase. The surgery is completed within 1-2 hours and is done on an outpatient basis. This is why and how, based on the occupation, most women can return to work within a few days of the operation. However full activities and exercise is better resumed within a few weeks’ time.
2. The surgery gives long-lasting results and can last for decades. The implants used are not lifetime devices, but need not be replaced at regular intervals. Though the modern implants are very durable, there is always a chance of a device failing. Ruptures in saline implants are easy to spot as it deflates.
However as ruptures in silicone gel implants are not easily detected, it is FDA recommended for women with these implants to undergo MRI screens first three years after the augmentation surgery, and then once every two years.
3. The surgery has a high satisfaction rate which is proven through Surveys taken of women who had undergone the surgery. In fact, 98% of the women surveyed stated that the breast augmentation results either met or exceeded their expectations. Moreover, the surgery not only improved a woman’s appearance, but also increased the self-esteem levels in 90% of the women.
4. Breast implants used in the surgery are safe and are filled with either saline or silicone gel. The implants used in US are extensively studied before getting approved by the FDA. Saline implants are safe as they are filled with sterile saltwater solution that is similar to the salt water present in the human body, and is thus safe for absorption in case of a rupture.
The silicone gel’s safety has been extensively investigated and no link is found between the implant and any major disease. Moreover the silicone in new breast implants is cohesive, and does not leak into the body if the implant ruptures.
5. The wide variety of available implants gives patients a personalized result. There are now seven approved implants made by three manufacturers available in the US. Each implant is available in various sizes, profiles and shapes and the latest three have been manufactured using the latest generation highly cohesive and stable silicone gel.
They are referred to as the gummy bear implants and are available in a teardrop shape to resemble a natural breast. The variety of implants available makes it possible for women to get personalized results that fit her body type and Houston breast augmentation goals.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment with the renowned plastic surgeon and breast & body specialist Dr. Mark Schusterman. Take your first steps to a more beautiful you.
3355 W Alabama St Suite 450, Houston, TX 77098