Laser tattoo removal is a great to get rid of tattoos. However though you may get your tattoo removed through a professional, it is only with good aftercare of the removed tattoo region are you ensured that you will not suffer from any complications.
There is a possibility that a superficial burn wound with bruising or swelling occurs after laser tattoo removal. Don’t worry if scabs, crusts or blisters develop as it’s normal, and lasts only about two weeks. Basically, you need six to eight weeks for complete recovery from laser removal.
1. If there is any discomfort or inflammation in the area, you will find some relief on the application of a cool compress.
2. Make sure that the area is cleaned with soap and water and patted dry till the area is completely healed to prevent any infections. Then, lightly apply some antibiotic ointment like Bacitracin on the area and cover with a sterile dressing thrice a day.
3. Formation of scabs and crusts at the region is normal; however, make sure you don’t cut or scrap the crusts. If this occurs, there may be an infection of the region wherein you may have to get some medical attention.
4. Whenever you go out in the sun, make sure you use a minimum of 25 SPF on the area for 3 months after the removal.
Things to avoid after laser tattoo removal
1. If there is the pain, take Tylenol for relief from pain and inflammation and not any aspirin. This is because aspirin is a blood thinner and will hamper the healing process.
2. There should be no shaving of the area till it is completely healed.
3. If you use lotions, use unscented ones that have no artificial colors.
4. If you take steroids or blood thinners, it is better to first consult your physician before undergoing laser tattoo removal.
As different people react to laser tattoo removals differently, it’s important that you keep a look out for skin changes after undergoing it. It is normal to experience scabs, blisters, crusts and swelling for a fortnight. However, if there is excessive inflammation, rashes, small pimples or sleeping, you have to immediately seek medical attention.
Contact us today to schedule your appointment with the renowned plastic surgeon and breast & body specialist Dr. Mark Schusterman. Take your first steps to a more beautiful you.
3355 W Alabama Suite 450 , Houston, TX 77098