For our patients in Houston breast augmentation preparation can be exciting and at the same time stressful. Choosing to make plans before the plastic surgery can be beneficial. This is because it will ensure that you have a smooth recovery period and surgery too. In order to avoid stress before breast augmentation surgery, below are 12 tips recommended by Houston plastic surgeon Dr. Mark Schusterman:
Set Up Your Ride
It is important to have someone drive you to and from the hospital before and after your breast augmentation surgery. You should also have a relative or friend to take care of you during the first 24 hours after the procedure.
Arrange for Childcare
People with children will want to arrange for their care too. You should have plenty of crackers and fluids as well as additional food before the surgery. Have minimal responsibilities at work and at home to allow for recovery time.
Line Up Medicine Before Breast Augmentation Surgery
Have you prescribed medicines filled in and place them in a convenient place. Ensure your physician knows about any herbs, supplements or medications that you are presently taking. Ask your doctor the ideal time to resume workout, having sex and driving. Carry a small bag with your paperwork and medications.
No Smoking or Alcohol
Smokers should stop or reduce smoking before and sometimes after the surgery. Ensure you have an open discussion with your doctor. Avoid consuming alcohol and eat a balanced diet before the surgery.
Take Precautionary Measures
- Do not drink or eat anything the night before the surgery.
- Get rid of nail polish from either your toenail or fingernail to easier monitoring of blood circulation.
- When visiting the physician, wear loose clothes that open up at the front and slip on, flat, comfortable shoes.
- During the morning of the procedure, you can brush your teeth, but avoid swallowing any fluids.
- Shower with an anti-microbial soap the night before the surgery. After washing, avoid wearing lotions, creams, oils, moisturizers or makeup.
Even though exercising is good, avoid engaging in vigorous workouts before breast augmentation surgery.