Microdermabrasion is the process of using small crystals to peel off the top layer of your skin to get rid of acne scars and wrinkles. Though this sounds painful, the procedure is rather simple and painless.
7 Tips on How to Prepare for Microdermabrasion
In fact, with the right preparations, it is possible to set realistic expectations from the procedure and have a speedy recovery. DermaSweep is a better choice for a microdermabrasion treatment as it is a more customized and flexible form of treatment.
- First of all, you have to inform your doctor about any medicine or skin care products you use or have used in the past. Also inform the doctor about any chronic skin condition you have, like eczema.
- While preparing for facial microdermabrasion, stop using exfoliating products as it interferes with both home and professional treatments. Instead, its better to rinse your face with warm water as it helps open up your skin pores.
- If you are having treatments with microdermabrasion on your arms and legs, it is important that you are comfortable during the procedure and that circulation to limbs is not interrupted by your posture. While professional microdermabrasion equipment encourages blood flow to treated regions by rubbing it, you have to ensure your arms and legs are straight during microdermabrasion.
- Buy some moisturizing cream, vitamin rich ointment and sunscreen for application to your skin after microdermabrasion. While your doctor will apply some moisturizer immediately after the procedure, you will require these aftercare products later on.
- Make sure microdermabrasion is the best option for your skin condition as it may not penetrate deep enough to correct large areas of deep scar tissue. Discuss the matter with your doctor to ensure that there is no other better option like laser surgery for removing your skin problem.
- If you are thinking of home dermabrasion, read consumer reviews about different home microdermabrasion kits to find out which is the better choice. Don’t just listen to marketing claims; do your own research by asking friends and spa workers for recommendations.
- You have to decide if you wish to undergo treatments with microdermabrasion in the morning or evening. If you have to wear makeup, its better to have your microdermabrasion done after work as you won’t be able to wear heavy cosmetics for 12 hours after it. However home microdermabrasion kits are not so strict about avoiding cosmetics.
Besides using all these tips to get ready for a microdermabrasion, it is important that you avoid spending too much time in the sun the day before the treatment. This is because if you undergo sunburn, you may have to postpone the procedure.
For an individual consultation regarding how microdermabrasion can help create a more beautiful you, contact the Office of Dr. Mark Schusterman today.