Botox injections in Houston are a great anti-aging treatment as it relaxes muscles so that one’s skin appears smooth and wrinkle free. Injections of Botox usually last for three months, after which the facial muscles become active, and start creating wrinkles once again.
Houston Botox injections are generally safe, cause little pain and need only fifteen minutes to administer. However it is important that one chooses and gets their injection from a reputable Botox clinic. So here are some tips to help choose one.
- Botox injections should be given by a qualified and trained practitioner. It is also better to check if the practitioner is registered with their relevant regulatory authority. All this information is available on the internet.
- Before getting a Botox injection, make sure the practitioner has appropriate insurance that provides coverage in case something goes wrong because of the injection.
- Recently, many salons, med spas, hairdresser and department stores also offer Botox treatments. Though these places may be equipped with the best standards, there are some establishments that are not hygienic or ideal to give Botox injections. It is also not safe to get a Botox injection at Botox parties.
- It is better to get injections at reputable clinics at least once a week. Concentrate on clinics and practitioners that focus on not only Botox, but also on other related cosmetic procedures like dermal fillers and wrinkle treatment in Houston.
- Injections are safer at successful clinics that have branches in the city or country.
- If approaching a new establishment, make use of their free consultation to clear any doubts there may be about Botox injections. However, be wary of clinics that pressurize you into having the treatment after the consultation.
- The clinic should have a follow up service as Botox injections generally last only for a few months. Moreover, it takes a few weeks for the injection to work, and there is always the chance of some small areas getting missed during the first treatment session. This is why it is better to follow the first injection with a follow-up after two weeks.
Last but not least, be careful of clinics that offer Botox injections at really cheap rates as cheap does not indicate it is the best. Check the average price charged and expect to pay the same for the injection as there are some unscrupulous practitioners that inject fake or diluted doses of Botox.
Houston Medspa staff at Schusterman Plastic Surgery are physician-supervised, clinical professionals that ensure all treatments are provided safely and effectively, and that its clients receive the utmost care. We offer a full range of aesthetic treatments, including Botox injections, microdermabrasion, and laser tattoo removal in Houston.